Pages

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Mal & Lan's Wedding - Part 1 (Getting Ready)

Hi there, 


After the phenomenal post from dexter who did such a fantastic job during the day and night of the wedding I had a look at the photos that Simon & I took - no where as good! But here's the first part of the day in terms of getting ready at the Wong household. 

Ervan Woo and his assistant Elaine came at around 7am to do the hair and makeup. Elaine worked on Marissa, mum and myself whilst Ervan concentrated on Malinda's hair and makeup


He even has his own makeup and custom brushes! Marissa tried to squeeze in a lesson or two in makeup with Elaine. Doesn't she look different with makeup?
Finally we were all ready after fussing about and we all got dressed around 11 and we went to take some photos around the house with the all the bits and pieces floating around. Malinda bought some Stuart Weitzman shoes online - nice dorothy esque ruby shoes which I thought were a nice touch and some Swarovski earrings and a lovely antiquey esque necklace which she got from Marry Me Bridal who also supplied her wedding gown
The flowers got delivered from  Blooms 4 U who did a wonderful job with the bouquets and the table arrangements at the venue which I'll post later. The above bouquet was mine! lovely isn't it? malinda's ring is in the middle. 


Dexter came and he started taking proper photos! Simon took the ones of Malinda and I took the one of Malinda's bouquet and shoes on the piano bench



Then Simon took some photos of me and flowers! Earrings were from Glammadona in the Strand and dress from Veronika Maine. I thought it would be fun idea to put the shoes on the piano. ha ha.

I have to end on a picture of anpanman - an obsession of marissa's. Basically its a red bean paste hero who lets his friends eat him when they're low on energy? I'm making this up I think. Anyways, anpanman made it into a few photos which I thought I might post. Ha. 


nitey nite!
mw

2 comments:

  1. i like anpanman.... kewpie is bummed that he missed out.... maybe at the next 'wong' wedding. great work guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is beautiful, as wedding pics should be, but really, I only had eyes for those... shoes!

    ReplyDelete